Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Photographic Eyes

I sometimes wish that I had photographic eyes. Much like a photographic memory, but more like a camera, but then I'd some how need to up-load the images so I could share them with my friends. Reason being, I saw one of the most ridiculous things EVER yesterday while I was gassing up the car.

First, this must be prefaced by the fact that I live in Indiana (usually this is enough said). Now, in Indiana people are allowed the right to choose whether or not they'd like to wear helmets whilst on their motorcycles. Most choose to go without. It's a very odd sight, considering I grew up in Michigan, where there are helmet laws. I have seen people, while helmetless, riding their motorcycles AND smoking cigarettes. I have also seen the helmetless talking on their cell-phones while cruising on their motorcycles. As if the roads weren't dangerous enough by just being on a motorcycle.

This brings me to the sight seen yesterday. I was gassing the car up, and I happened to look up and see an elder gentleman on his hog at the light. I had to then do a triple take to make sure what I saw was correct. There, on his lap, WAS A DOG! That's right, a dog. A little lap dog draped across his legs, that he was absent-mindedly petting while waiting for the light to turn green. Are you freaking kidding me?

Of course, neither of them had helmets on. A doggie helmet would just be taking it too far, don't you think?

1 comment:

Irrational Dad said...

At first I thought you were going to say that you think you're eyes are ugly in pictures. I was then going to post about a thousand pictures that say otherwise.

To be on topic, though.... are you saying that I shouldn't take Delilah for a ride on my motorcycle? What if we wore helmets?